Do you get as much sleep as the average American? Find out...
Photo credit: frenchbyte from morguefile.com
We are a country that loves a good nap! The results from the National Sleep Foundation's first international "Bedroom Poll" are out, and here's how it breaks down for the U.S.:
Other interesting facts:
- Average sleep per night: 6 hrs, 31 min
- Average # of pillows - 2
- Make bed everyday - 6%
- Change sheets once a week or more - 62%
- #1 country for sleep: Mexico - 7 hr, 6 min
- 62% of Mexicans pray before falling asleep
- Half of both Japanese and Americans take naps every two weeks to catch up on lost sleep
- 1/3 of Britons sleep naked
- Germans air out their bedrooms weekly
- Most common ritual before falling asleep: Watching TV. 80% of the world admit to watching TV before bedtime.